The National Contact Point (NCP) helps to answer all the questions related to cross-border health care services for the Lithuanian residents and persons visiting our country. It was established specifically for this purpose. The NCP functions in Lithuania were assigned to two authorities subordinate to the Ministry of Health – National Health Insurance Fund (www.vlk.lt) and the State Health Care Accreditation Agency (www.vaspvt.gov.lt).
Analogous contact points are operating in other Member States of the European Union, as well.
NCP provides miscellaneous information about:
• accessibility, quality and safety of health care services;
• health insurance;
• prices of health care services;
• prices of medicines;
• possibilities to get compensation for health care services or medicines;
• providers of health care services;
• pharmacies that are entitled to operate as such;
• right of particular provider to provide services or any restrictions on his practice;
• standards of health care services;
• patients’ rights, complaining procedure and available remedies;
• possibilities of legal and administrative dispute resolution, including the cases when damage was caused while providing cross-border health care services;
The data of contact points of other Member States of the European Union are available at NCP.